Glutinous Rice Gelatinized Bread
This is another method to create a soft and fluffy even after many
days using glutinous rice flour in the starter dough. May also be
baked as a whole loaf without any fillings.
Ingredients for Glutinous Flour Gelatinized:
2 2/3 tbsp glutinous rice flour
4 tbsp water
1/2 cup bread flour
(1) combine glutinous rice flour and water, mix well.
(2) heat the mixture over low heat until thicken, off the heat
immediately once the mixture started to thicken and keep stirring
until it turns gluey.
(3) Stir in Bread flour gradually and mix to form a dough.
(4) then leave to cool before adding into the main ingredients.
Ingredients of Main Dough :
1 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup water
1 1/3 tsp honey
2 tsp yeast
3 1/3 tbsp sugar
1/3 tsp salt
2 2/3 tbsp milk powder
1 2/3 cup bread flour
27gm cold butter, cubed
2 tsp corn oil
1. Combine ingredients (A) & gelatinised dough pieces into
ingredients (B), mix to form a soft dough.
2. Then add in ingredients (C) and knead till the side of mixing
bowl is clean.
3. Leave the dough to rest for 2 hour or until double in size.
4. Punch to knead out the air and must be handle with care cause
the dough is pretty sticky. Dust on extra flour if needed.
5. Then divide dough into 13 equal portions and fill with
bean paste filling.
6. Sealed and place them to a 5x9" tray with butter coating.
7. Again let to rest for another 1½ hour or until double it's
8. Brush on egg glazing and sprinkle the top with sesame seeds.
9. Bake at preheated oven 175-180'C for about 20 mins or until
10 .Leave to cool complete before serving.
*If you want the buns to look more
attractive and appetizing, you can glaze them while they are still
hot with butter, margarine, apricot gel, egg white or sugar syrup.
( Cook 1part of sugar with 2 parts of water till boiling).
As a Bread loaf- skip step 5.and divide dough into 4 portions.
Shape into oval shape
and continue on step 6.
Back to Recipes Index