Lemon Marmalade Jam
5 cups lemon, thinly sliced (equal to 7 lemons)
4-1/2 cups sugar
5 cups water
*a chilled plate and 4 empty jars
1 Before slicing the lemon, cut off both ends, remove seeds
and inner pith completely.
2. Tie up the unused lemon parts in a cheese cloth and set aside to
use it to make pectin later
3. Soak sliced lemon for 6 hours or overnight.
4. Boil the lemon once it's ready with the unused lemon parts for
about 1/2 hour or until soft.
5. Remove the cheese cloth and try to squeeze out the natural pectin
6. Add in sugar and keep boiling for another 1/2 hour or until
became a little thickened.
7. Test the jelly by placing a teaspoon of the hot jelly on a
chilled plate. If the jelly holds its shape a bit, like an egg then
8. Turn off the heat, pour the jelly out into jars and sealed.
Back to Recipes Index