Nine layers rice kuih / cake (九層糕)
2. Mix flour with one portion of the milk and put aside.
3. Cook the other portion of milk with the sugar, salt vanilla essence and pandan leaves. After it is boiled, pour it over the milk and flour mixture. Divide into 2 equal quantities.
4. Add red coloring to one portion and leave the other portion uncolored.
5. Pour a little of the red colour batter onto a tray and steam. Then pour a layer of uncolored batter onto the tray and steam. Continue to steam one layer at a time until all the batter has been completely used up.
6. Cool before cutting into the desired shapes.