Gelatinized Coconut bread 椰子面包
100g bread flour
70ml hot boiling water
1. Place flour in a mixing bowl.
2. Add hot boiling water and mix with wooden spoon to form a rough
3. Cover bowl with cling film and leave dough to cool in the fridge
for at least 1 hour, and up to 48 hours.
To prepare Basic sweet bread dough
300g bread flour
100g plain flour
20g milk powder
1 tbsp instant yeast
½ tsp salt
175ml cold water
1 cold egg
60g cold butter, cubed
1. Combine flours, sugar, milk powder, yeast and salt together in a
2. Tear the gelatinized dough prepared earlier into pieces and add to the bowl along
with the eggs
3. Using a stand electric mixer, mix on low speed, adding cold water
4. Mix until dough is well combined and leave the sides of bowl.
5. Add in the cold butter cubes and mix on medium speed until dough
6. Shape dough into a ball, leave to proof for 1-2 hours or until
7. Divide sweet bread dough into 70g each and shape it round. Let
rest for another 10mins.
To prepare coconut bread / fillings
1tsp pandan paste
A drop of green food colouring (optional)
110g desiccated coconut
50g milk powder
1. Cream butter and sugar until light. Add in egg , pandan paste,
green colouring, mix well.
2. Add in desiccated coconut and milk powder, combine well. Shape it
into balls, weight 35g each and refrigerated till it is firmed.
3. Wrap coconut balls inside into the sweet bread dough above, flatten the dough then roll it up
like Swiss roll. Make 7-8 cuts on the dough, cut about
3/4 across using
4. Twist the cut section one to left and another to the right. Let it proof for 45
5. Egg wash and place in the middle shelve of the oven. Bake at 180c
Back to Recipes Index